All clinicians are extensively trained and very experienced in handling most presenting problems, including anxiety, depression, stress, grief and anger.
Make an appointment
call (03) 477 7120
or send a message
Fiona trained as a Clinical Psychologist at the University of Otago, graduating in 1987. She subsequently completed her Doctorate which focused on recovery following severe brain injury, then worked in a variety of public health settings including adult mental health, child and family mental health, and addiction treatment.
Fiona trained primarily in cognitive behaviour therapy, an evidence based psychological technique that she uses collaboratively with clients to achieve improved functioning and wellbeing. She has a particular interest in rehabilitation and recovery following physical injury and psychological trauma.
Main areas of interest
- Abuse and Trauma
- Addictive Behaviours
- Brain Injury Rehabilitation
- Health and Wellness
- Womens issues
- Relationship issues
Qualifications and memberships
- Bachelor of Arts, Honours (University of Otago)
- Masters of Science (University of Otago)
- Post graduate Diploma in Clinical Psychology, Distinction (University of Otago)
- PhD (Psychology, University of Otago)
- Registered Clinical Psychologist
- Member of the New Zealand College of Clinical Psychologists
- ACC Registered Health Provider (Sensitive Claims)
- Police-Approved Psychologist
Monday and Tuesday 9am - 5pm