All clinicians are extensively trained and very experienced in handling most presenting problems, including anxiety, depression, stress, grief and anger.
Make an appointment
call (03) 477 7120
or send a message
Tammy is a registered Clinical Psychologist, who came to the field of psychology, after many years working in Asia and Southern Africa (in the arts, education and NGOs). Through this diverse experience she found her passion for working with people in a more specialised, yet compassionate manner.
Tammy was trained in several evidence based psychological approaches (CBT, Schema, Psychodynamic and Narrative) and currently draws largely from a relational model. This offers her a comprehensive toolkit for collaboratively assisting clients to understand and manage their life challenges and achieve well-being, while honouring the uniqueness of their needs and circumstances. She has worked in mental health and forensic settings with adolescents, adults, couples and groups in a variety of psychological areas.
Tammy is caring and respectful in her approach and aims to assist her clients achieve positive change within their lives.
Main areas of interest
- Trauma (emotional, physical and abuse-related)
- Post-Traumatic Stress
- Adjustment related challenges
- Mood difficulties (depression and anxiety)
- Stress and anger management
- Attachment and relational difficulties (intimate and familial)
- Self esteem and resilience development
- Pain management
- Tammy's research focus centers on the experiences (relational, social, emotional and adjustment) of siblings of disabled people and she enjoys providing specialised support in this area.
Qualifications and memberships
- Bachelor of Education, (Distinction), (University of KwaZulu Natal)
- Bachelor of Arts, (Distinction), (University of South Africa)
- Bachelor of Arts Psychology Honors, (Distinction), Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University
- Masters in Clinical Psychology (academic first), Rhodes University
- PhD, Psychology (Rhodes University) (currently in completion)
- Registered Clinical Psychologist