The team at Psychology Associates would like to wish you a happy holiday season and New Year.
Our office will close at 5pm on Friday, 20th December 2013 and re-open at 9am on Monday, 13th January 2014.
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Have you or someone you know experienced a sexual trauma? If so, Psychology Associates can help. A number of our clinicians are registered with ACC Sensitive Claims to provide treatment for people who qualify. In fact, one of our newest clinicians — Paul Knox — has just been accepted to do Sensitive Claims work and is currently available for referrals. read more »
Supporting positive mental health in the workplace is an exciting and important area of research and practice. A recent international conference on this topic highlighted 3 key components, which are:
1. Reduction of work-related risk factors for problems in mental health (e.g., bullying, job insecurity, long hours, poor safety at work);
2. Promotion of how workers can gain self-esteem from their work; and
3. Addressing existing mental health issues of workers, regardless of whether the cause is related to work.
– Verbal fluency
– Ability to identify client feelings
– Ability to develop strong therapeutic alliances with a variety of clients
– High attunement to client progress
– Use of treatment models based on solid science
– Ability to “implement those [science-based treatment] models with fidelity and clinical complexity…in ways that match to the clients”
read more »